Monday, March 30, 2009

Prayer Request

I have a prayer request. My wife is 36 weeks pregnant. She had a doctor's appointment today and the baby looks healthy, but she is in the breech position - Her head is up high and her feet are down low. Doctors informed Shelly that if Julie does not turn her head down by next week we have 2 options. 1) we can schedule a c-section (which we would strongly prefer to avoid if at all possible). Or 2) they can do a procedure called an External Cephalic Version - They try to physically move the baby's head down to the right position. Shelly and I are not sure what the best option is at this time. We've been discussing our options and are going to do some research on c-sections and on this other procedure. We just want to do what is best for mom and for baby. I ask that you remember our family in your prayers. I ask that you pray for the health of Shelly and Julie, for the wisdom of Shelly and I to make the best decision, and if it is in God's will that Julie will turn all by herself so that we won't have to make this tough decision. Thank you for your prayers and God bless!

No comments: