Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Must Read Article

I was on google looking for some material to help me write a blog post and I stumbled upon an article that was OUTSTANDING. I simply have to share it with you. I will post the link to the article and the closing paragraph so you have an idea what the article is all about. The issue of life is much deeper than abortion. Abortion is a huge issue that is the result of a confused understanding of life and the value of life. Please, please, please take the time to read this article. The author of this article is extremely knowledgable and offers great insight into the deeper problems associated with abortion. I feel like we are in the middle of a culture war. In order to win this war and preserve the culture of life, we must be armed with knowledge. This is good knowledge we can all bring with us into battle. Abortion is a huge battle in this culture war, but we are faced with many battles. In order to win this battle, we must understand the enemy which is often times the misguided minds of others. We will win this battle. We will win this war. Life will defeat death. I believe these things because the truth is on our side.
I have a very strong gut feeling that I will be persecuted sometime in the future for my beliefs. I can't explain it, but I just have a very strong feeling about this. I was in Eucharistic adoration today and I simply asked God what he wants of me. I asked him to use me as an instrument of His love. I asked that God guide me and lead me to whatever it is He wants of me. I feel like I might be called to do more than I've done, more than what I'm doing. Maybe I am doing what God wills me to do. I remain open to His will. I trust in Him. I will do everything in my power to see that all human life is protected and respected, because I believe that God has a purpose for all of us. I will fight for life. Will you join me? Here is the link to the above mentioned article:

Why Do Animal Rights Advocates Support Abortion?


----------
A taste of what you'll read...

The pro-life cause was originally energized by Roe v. Wade and focused on the right to life of the unborn baby. It has since moved to recognize the needs of women in crisis pregnancy situations and emphasized that we love both the prenatal child and the woman who carries it. There has also been attention to abstinence or chastity as preventive measures. But it often seems these efforts have focused largely on young girls. Until we take a more holistic approach that considers the moral health of all of society -- to include males both young and old -- we are likely to continue to lose ground to the secular culture that worships sex as one of the false idols of Abortionism. I wrote "A Young Man's Pledge" as a step toward addressing this problem. It appeals to motivations and conscience as well as considering consequences.

No comments: