Monday, March 16, 2009

I Created A Group On Facebook!!!

St. Michael the Archangel Respect Life Committee (Woodstock, GA)

As I believe I've mentioned in a previous post, I am a member of the Respect Life Committee at my parish. The Committee began to take formation last October when I went to pray at Governor's Ridge where they do abortions. A member of our parish had been going out there monthly and I decided to join her on my 25th birthday. I think it was an inspiration for her and the other women there that I attended with them that day. The idea of a Respect Life Committee was brought up and the rest is history. I guess I can say I was one of the founders of this committee. After our meeting last month, I felt an urge to bring more to the table so to say. I emailed our Respect Life Committee leader with a list of 5 things that I thought that we could do to promote our mission. One of my ideas was to increase online presence. I mentioned my blog and how social networking sites like Facebook are growing rapidly in popularity. Facebook is a great place to spread the message of hope that our Respect Life Committee intends to spread. My message was greatly appreciated and well receipted. Because I spoke up and brought these ideas to the table, I was given the responsiblity to create a group on Facebook. I never really set up a group before, but it was pretty easy. Hopefully we will be able to spread the word, maybe have a mention in the bulletin, and our group will grow. The group is created for members of St. Michael the Archangel, but I would like to connect this group with other Respect Life Committee Group pages. Does anybody know if this is possible? Linking one group to another. Perhaps creating a fan group or following. I know most if not all of my current blog readers are not members of my parish, but if there was a way that you could support the group that would be awesome. Perhaps you can get involved in your parish and create a Respect Life Committee. If I've learned anything in the last several months is that if you do not take initiative and get involved, you can't expect to reach your goals. It takes a first step to finish a race. Take that first step. May God bless you and guide you!

No comments: