Friday, January 29, 2010

Grant Desme Interview on DP Show

Anyone who knows me really well knows that I am a huge fan of Dan Patrick. I think he is the best sports personality today, and probably ever. This past Wednesday he did an interview with former minor league baseball star Grant Desme, who decided to hang up his cleats despite his success in baseball to join the seminary. It is the second story within the last couple years in which a very successful sports star has decided to retire to join the seminary and become a priest. I was very impressed with how respectfully Dan handled the interview, and I was thankful that he gave Grant the opportunity to tell his story to an audience who may not have heard his story otherwise. It was a great witness and I believe there is a great lesson to be learned from Grant Desme. I wish Grant nothing but the best as he studies in the seminary. He sounds like a really great kid and I'm sure he'll make a great priest. Keep him and all our seminarians (especially my brother, Steve) in your prayers. Thanks, enjoy the interview, and God bless!





To hear more interviews from Dan Patrick, visit his website at The Dan Patrick Show

No comments: