Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Are You a Right-Wing Extremist?


Apparently if you are pro-life, that makes you a right-wing extremist according to the recent homeland security document. Below is a portion of that document.

* (U) Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

---

It is important that we realize what is happening here. How long before praying the rosary in front of an abortion mill is considered a terrorist act? I know it sounds crazy, but it might not be unrealistic in the near future. Right-wing extremist is a negative labeling. They say that right-wing extremists are hate oriented, but those who oppose abortion are showing the exact opposite of hate: LOVE.

Abortion is not a political issue. Those, including many Catholics, who try to say abortion is not a moral issue are gravely misinformed and poorly catechized. I hope the truth of the Catholic faith touches their hearts and they come to realize the gravity of the issue of abortion and how it effects all issues and all people. The Notre Dame Scandal has been just one more obvious instance showing that the Catholic faith is split between those who understand and defend their faith and those how are apathetic about their faith or are terribly poorly catechized. One of the greatest challenges the Church faces today is teaching their own members the faith. I'm confident in the leaders of the Church and hopefully the members of the Church who are lost will be open to listening and learning the Catholic faith. God wants to save all people. He wants all people to come to know the truth. Are you open to listening and living the truth?

Think about who exactly is being targeted here. Is this not a direct attack on the Catholic Church? Now we are seeing people with good Christian values being labeled radical, hateful and discriminatory. Our views very well may be radical to some, but they are not at all hateful. We must realize that this is a tactic to try and change our views. We don’t want to be called right-wing extremists, but is that going to sway our beliefs and thoughts? For the weak maybe, but we of strong Christian faith are not weak but strong. Our faith is in Jesus Christ. We hold fast to the timeless truths of Jesus Christ and we are not swayed by the false pretenses of the time.

Many call us Christians, Catholics in particular, as unenlightened because we believe life is sacred and that marriage is between one man and one woman. If these beliefs, which are timeless truths, are considered by society as being unenlightened thought, than count me in the unenlightened group. If these beliefs, which are timeless truths, are considered by society as right-wing extremist views than consider me a right-wing extremist. If these beliefs, which are timeless truths, are considered bigotry or ignorance and if prayer becomes a crime, then I am willing to go to jail before I am forced to renounce my beliefs. I do not live for this world but for the next. My superior is not an earthly leader or politician, and my beliefs are not based on a democratic vote. My superior and my Lord is Jesus Christ, and my beliefs are based on His teachings and the teachings of the Catholic Church which he founded. Will you back down when someone calls you a name or will you be more determined than ever to defend your faith? If believing in the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church label me as a right-wing extremist, I’ll wear that Scarlet Letter proudly. I will NEVER compromise my faith for anything of this world. I’ll die before I have to renounce my faith and belief in God. I do not compromise ANY of my beliefs. There is but one Truth. I will NEVER let society sway me into believing otherwise. So I ask you again, are you a right-wing extremist?


Just 3 more days until the scheduled C-Section. Julie is almost here! The doctor says she’s a big baby, already over 8 lbs. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I’ll likely be sending an email out soon after Julie arrives, so if you want to be on that email list, let me know. Thanks and God bless you all! Remember that the victory has already been won, Jesus is alive. No matter what happens here on earth, there will always be that Easter day right around the corner. May all our goals and works lead us to Heaven, and may we always be thankful to God and praise Him. Everything we have and everything we are is a gift from God. We thank you God and we Praise you, because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world. Amen.

No comments: