Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's A Girl

Shelly had an ultrasound this morning and we found out that we are having a girl. Shelly and I are very excited. We really didn’t have a preference, but we are very happy to see that the baby is doing well. We were able to see her head, spine, hands and fingers, legs, and heartbeat. It’s awesome hearing the doctor say there is your baby girl. Our girl is not yet born, but she is a baby and we love her very much.

God works in mysterious ways. I told Shelly that I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we found out the sex of our baby the day after the presidential election. Obviously I’m very disappointed in the outcome, but being able to see my baby girl today gave me great hope and joy. Our country is going through difficult times not only financially but morally as well. People are confused or simply ignorant of several very important social issues of our time. It would be easy for one to wake up today with an empty feeling of hopelessness. I myself was very disappointed last night, but we must not despair. If we ever become complacent, we are not fulfilling our duty as good Christians. We must work harder now than ever before to fight for what is good and right. We must not be afraid. Tonight, thousands of pro-life leaders will be joining in a teleconference to discuss our next move considering the election results. I will not be joining the conference, but they will be recording and I will listen to the conference when it is posted on the 40 Days For Life website. I expect it to be very encouraging and hopeful. We just recently completed the Fall 40 Days For Life campaign, but those who participated are not stopping at 40 days. Why not 365 days for life? The abortionists don’t stop so neither should we. We must be as strong now as ever before in our convictions and we must never give up our freedoms nor give up fighting for the freedoms of those less fortunate. God bless!

P.S. – We have a couple names picked out but have not yet made a final decision. We plan on keeping the name a secret until the big day. I know that’s always exciting to find out what name the parents will chose, but the most important thing is the health of the baby. We appreciate all your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I called it.

Mark

Joe said...

Congratulations Mike! Definitely praying for a healthy and safe pregnancy for your little girl and for Shelly. God is good.

And I also voted girl so I was right!