Sunday, February 8, 2009

Daily Prayers - Short But Sweet

I wanted to share with you some short prayers I pray daily. Sometimes the best prayers are just a few words and sometimes we don't even need to say anything at all. Sometimes just a moment of silence and reflection can be a form of prayer. Anyway, below are some of my daily prayers.

Morning
-Lord give me strength
-Jesus I trust in you
-Lord guide me on this day
-Rosary with the following intentions
-- I pray this rosary for the health, safety and well being of my wife Shelly and our baby Julie
-- For the physical, mental, and spiritual well being of all my family and friends
-- For our religious and civil leaders, that you will guide them as they make important and influential decisions
-- For all the unborn, young parents and parents to be, and all those who have been effected or may become effected from an abortion. Help them find healing and recognize your love and forgiveness

Lunch
-Lord give me strength
-Jesus I trust in you
Prayer Before meals
--Bless us oh Lord and these thy gifts which we are about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Night
-Dear Lord thank you for this day. Thank you for all the wonderful blessings you have given me on this day. Forgive me my sins and help me to be a better person tomorrow. Watch over me and my family tonight. Lord I love you.
--St. Michael the Archangel prayer

These are just a couple of good prayers that I say daily. It is also very helpful to do some spiritual reading daily. I try to read some scripture or a couple pages in whatever book I'm reading at the time (currently: Living the Catholic Faith by bishop Chaput). These prayers might not be the same prayers you pray, but it is important to pray often. Prayer is very powerful. God bless!

No comments: