Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Book of Tobit

In addition to reading Theology of the Body, I am still trying to read through the entire bible. Over the weekend I found some time to read the Book of Tobit. I know that several of my readers aren't Catholic, so some of you may be unfamiliar with this book since it is not in the protestant bible - many Catholics might not be familiar with it either. I found it to be one of the most enjoyable and easy to read books in the bible. It reads like a novel. Every book in the bible can teach us something, but I thought this one in particular did a good job of teaching how we should live our lives (I especially liked Tobiah's prayer). I wanted to expose this book so that those of you who have never read it might get the chance to read it. The book is short and does not take long at all to read. Please take the half hour or so to read through this book - I think you'll be glad you did. Below is a link where you can read the book if it isn't in your bible. God bless, enjoy the story, and watch out for bird droppings! Read and you'll know what I'm talking about haha. Book of Tobit

No comments: