Sunday, April 20, 2008

Look Back At Pope's Visit And Other Stuff

Pope Benedict XVI will return to the Vatican this week, but his message will not leave with him. It has been an exciting and wonderful week. We have been privileged to have the opportunity to be in the presence of Pope Benedict XVI. I hope his face muscles aren't too worn out after smiling so often throughout the week. He showed that he is not simply a teacher, but also a man who also cares very much about people. I have not yet seen all of the events of this week, but I plan to catch up and watch all the videos that I have yet to see. I encourage you all to do the same.

People who know me well know that I have a handful of interests. One thing I like to do is to tell a story usually through writing. I have written and completed a movie script entitled "Blind Trust," which tells a story about a man who learns to place his trust in God. I wrote it with limited intention for it to be read, but it was a story that I had in my mind that I felt I needed to get on paper. Although my cousin and I did not actually make the movie, we did get a group together that read through the script and I received positive feedback.

Now, I have another story in my head that I feel I need to get out. I am going to attempt to write a novel. My sister Jennifer is the real talented writer in the family and is nearing completion of her first book. I eagerly await it's completion. My novel is tentatively titled "Doubting Thomas Lambert" and it will encompass several religious themes including the evils of abortion, the gift of life, the true meaning of love, and making tough life decisions. My work has just begun, but I have a story to tell and I plan on telling it. God Bless!

No comments: