Monday, October 10, 2011

RIP - Aunt Mary

I have sad news to report today.  Last night at 10:00 PM, I learned that my Aunt Mary, my Godmother, passed away.  She had been fighting ovarian cancer for 4 years.  The family knew that Mary's time on earth was coming to an end so this was not unexpected, but it is still a hard pill to swallow.  It is never to say goodbye to a loved one.  However, our faith keeps us from despair.  We believe in the afterlife, and have hope that through the mercy of God we will be together one day with our departed loved ones in Heaven.  I imagine that the loss of my Aunt Mary is especially hard on my Grandparents who have lost their oldest daughter and have spent the last several weeks with Aunt Mary as her health deteriorated.  Please keep my family in your prayers, but also keep my Aunt Mary in your prayers as well.  She was a wonderful woman, but like all of us she was not without faults; most notably her falling away from the Church.  Please pray for my Aunt Mary's soul, that God have mercy on her.  In memory of my Aunt Mary I am posting the latest picture I have of her.  I am also going to include a link below and on my sidebar for the Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance.  This is an organization that Aunt Mary joined once she found out she had ovarian cancer.  If you feel so inclined, please visit their website and support this great cause.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.  May her soul, and the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.  Amen.

Colorado Ovarian Cancer Alliance


God bless,

Mike

No comments: