- Improve my prayer life - Because this is not a real quantifiable resolution, I will explain how I hope to improve my prayer life. I cannot promise that I will be able to accomplish each of these, but I'll try.
- Daily prayer from Magnificat - I have prayed using the Magnifcat occasionally and even at times frequently, but I have failed to pray morning and night prayers daily consistently.
- Attend Eucharistic Adoration at least once a week for 30 minutes or more.
- Do some form of spiritual reading every day in addition to daily prayers - ex. Bible Study
- Attend a weekday mass once a week
- Blog Post once a week - Preferrably every Sunday. Also I will try to do more podcasts and may try to incorporate this new form of communication in the Respect Life Committee.
- Reduce the amount of time spent surfing the internet or watching tv. Increase time with family, helping others, and reading.
Friday, December 31, 2010
My New Year's Resolutions
I have learned from prior years that when making New Year's resolutions or when deciding on a Lenten sacrifice, we should choose something meaningful but not try to take on too much. I can think of about 20 things that I would like to improve about myself, but I know that if I try to fix all 20 at once I likely won't fix anything. Therefore, below is my list of resolutions for the New Year that I fully hope and plan to follow through with.