Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One Charity. One Problem. One Goal.


I recently received a personalized invitation from SmileTrain in the mail and it really touched me. SmileTrain is a nonprofit organization focused on solving a single problem: cleft lip and palate. It is amazing to think that just $250 could save a child's life and as little as $25 can make a huge impact. This charity touched me personally because my brother Stephen was born with a cleft lip. He had a couple surgeries, and if you look at him now you might not even know he ever had the condition. It is essential that this procedure is done when the child is still an infant. In many of these poorest countries, the parents can not afford the procedure and children with this condition are often abandoned and neglected. It is hard for me to accept this, especially since my brother was born with this condition. From what I can tell, this charity appears to be one of the best managed and cost effective charities in the world. Please browse SmileTrain's website and consider making a charitable donation. A small sacrifice from each of us could contribute to the saving of a life. God Bless!

No comments: